Over the following decade Crosville mopped up a number of the local independents including :-
January 1934 - James Rothwell (Rothwell Motor Services) of Dee Lane Holt who operated a service form Wrexham to Holt and Broxton. 5 vehicles transferred. <<LINK to Rothwell Motor Services>>
May 1935 - Joseph Price (Price's Motors) Penrhyn Garage New Broughton. In addition to local services to Caergwrle, Tanyfron, Cymau and Llay Main Colliery this firm also operated express service to Rhyl, Llandudno and Blackpool. 9 vehicles transferred and the price paid was £12,500. There does not appear to be any connection between the firm that commenced operations as T Price and Son in New Broughton which is still operating today in New Broughton. <<LINK to Price's Motors>>
January 1936 - George Roberts, Southsea, Wrexham. 6 vehicles transferred and the business was purchased for £9,500. <<LINK to George Roberts>>
June 1936 – Sarah Williams and Sons, White Hart Garage, Pentre Broughton, Wrexham who operated services from Wrexham to Pentre Broughton and 4 vehicles transferred with a price paid of £7,500. <<LINK to Sarah Williams>>
May 1938 – J R Lloyd (Height o' th' hill Bus Service), Gwynfa, Bwlchgwyn ran services from Wrexham to Bwlchgwyn and Gwynfryn. 6 buses transferred and £9,500 was paid for the business. <<LINK to Height o' the' hill>>
March 1939 – Alfred Wright (Glynceiriog Valley Bus Service) Rhosymedre. He operated service between Chirk and Glynceiriog and Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog. No buses transferred and a price of £1,000 was paid. <<LINK to Glynceiriog Valley Bus Services>>
March 1940 – Charles William Shone (Is-y-Coed Motor Services), Bowling Bank, Bangor-on-Dee who operated a service from Wrexham to Bangor-on-Dee. No vehicles were transferred and a price of £700 was paid. <<LINK to Is-y-Coed Motor Services>>
During the war years of 1939 – 1945 express services and tours were suspended but there was a concentration by Crosville on conveying work people to the various factories that were producing essential products. One of the significant ones in this area was the Royal Ordnance Factory in Marchwiel and some 200 buses were required to serve this premises. Crosville had to supplement their fleet to convey work people with loans from many other bus operators in England. To facilitate the parking of the new enlarged fleet further land at the rear of the Mold Road depot was acquired.
Crosville remained the dominant provider of bus services in the Wrexham area during the post war years. There were a number of independent operators. Some of these worked on the Wrexham to Rhosllanerchrugog (and Penycae) corridor. These operators included Williams of Rhos <<LINK to Williams of Rhos>>}, J Phillips of Rhostyllen <<LINK to Phillips of Rhostyllen>> and Wrights of Penycae. Following a very long standing agreement joint working was maintained for a considerable period giving the largest village in Wales a very frequent service involving some 7 journeys each hour into Rhos with additional journeys to Pen-y-cae. Phillips sold out the route to Crosville in 1979 although no buses were transferred. Williams ceased his service in 1986.